Nordic Sustainable Universities Conference “From campus planning to learning outcomes” was held in 27.-28.10.2016 at the University of the Faroe Islands.
- The report from the conference HERE!
- Detaled plans on the renovation of Linberg’s hus by Evan Alexander HERE!
Original conference call below:
Save the date for this year’s Nordic conference on sustainability in universities! The University of the Faroe Islands will host the conference. which will concentrate specifically around these two themes:
- Creating a new campus area
- Student engagement and learning outcomes
The University of the Faroe Islands is in the planning phase of a new big campus building, so the focus will be specifically in learning and sharing about Nordic experiences and exploring the connections between the built environment, teaching and learning outcomes.
Join us to share how to create a new campus that is socially and ecologically sustainable! How to influence students’ learning outcomes on sustainability? What opportunities can be found when universities collaborate with municipalities and companies?
Thursday 27 October 2016 (Venue: University Hall)
- 08:30 Registration and coffee
- 09:00 Welcome and introduction to the University of the Faroe Islands, by Sigurð í Jákupsstovu, Rector of the University of the Faroe Islands
- 09:30 Introduction to the Sustainability Literacy Test (Sulitest), by Meeri Karvinen, Network Coordinator, Aalto University
- 09.45 Part 1: Lessons from Nordic universities
- 12.00 Lunch
- 13.00 Part 2: Workshops
- 15.30 Plenary: What is a sustainable campus?
- 16.30 Optional city walk in Tórshavn
- 19.00 Conference dinner
Friday 28 October 2017 (Venue: The Green Student-House, Tórshavn)
- 09.00 Part 3: Introduction to the Green Student-House project by Lau Blaxekjær and Martin Mohr Olsen, University of the Faroe Islands
- 09.30 Presentation and discussion of student projects by students
- 11.00 New collaboration and future network of Green Student-Houses
- 13.00 Lunch
- 14.00 Sulitest project partners’ meeting (by invitation only)
We have booked some rooms from Hotel Torshavn www.hoteltorshavn.fo . the hotel is located in downtown, walking distance from the bus terminal. To and from airport taxi costs 200 DKK and a bus 90 DKK (one way).
15 rooms have been reserved, from which 10 in double rooms (if travelling with a partner) Accommodation period with conference special prizes is 26 – 30 October 2016.
Prices (with discount) are:
- Small single rooms – 650 DKK/night
- Medium rooms – single use 795 DKK/night and double use 945 DKK/night.
- Medium rooms with view of the harbour – single use 945 DKK/night and double use 1095 DKK/night.
All rooms including breakfast and free WIFI.
To book one of these rooms with discount prices, send an email to Jóhanna Rasmussen email@example.com with this reservation code: “314658 SULITE conference”
Link to registration here.
In the registration form, you’ll find also details on conference fee payment. The conference fee is 1.000,00 DKK, covering two full days, 2 x lunch and official conference dinner.
- Lau Blaxekjær, University of the Faroe Islands: laub(at)setur.fo
- Meeri Karvinen, Aalto University: meeri.karvinen(at)aalto.fi