Why did we arrange the course?
The organizers of the course were Nordic Sustainable Campus Network NSCN, Hanasaari Swedish-Finnish cultural center and Urban Academy Network. The purpose of the course was to enhance the knowledge and skills of the students in the field by giving them a chance to work with a multidisciplinary, collaborative and international approach to urban development. We also hoped to get an international student perspective and good ideas for the development of the Aalto campus in Otaniemi. Last but not least, we wanted to create interaction and close networks between the students and other actors within sustainable urban development in the Nordic Countries. The course was financially supported by the Swedish-Finnish Cultural Foundation, the Nordic Council of Ministers, and the Aalto University.
Course management team:
- Jonna Similä, program coordinator, Hanasaari – the Swedish-Finnish Cultural Center, email@example.com, +358 9 4350 2413
- Meeri Karvinen, coordinator, Nordic Sustainable Campus Network (NSCN), firstname.lastname@example.org, +358 50 407 1884
- Salla Jokela, coordinator, Urban Academy network, email@example.com, +358 40 861 4224
- Katri-Liisa Pulkkinen, researcher, EUE-Energizing Urban Ecosystems, YTK – Land Use Planning and Urban Studies Group, Aalto University School of Engineering, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Meri Löyttyniemi, Senior advisor, Sustainable development, Aalto University / chair, NSCN, email@example.com
Facilitators during the Case Competition:
- Katri Pulkkinen, Aalto University / Architecture, Social-ecological approach
- Outi Tahvonen, Aalto University /Landscape architecture
- Antti Lehto, Aalto University / Architecture
- Kati Vierikko, University of Helsinki / Urban ecology
- Salla Jokela, University of Helsinki / Tourism, political geography, landscape studies